Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Vintage and a fall card

I am back from my holiday in Bali, it was a long break to be lazy and away from crafting, hoping I have returned with a refreshed mojo towards card making ;)

I made 2 cards, the first one up is a fall themed card, and it is also inspired by the colors which I was constantly seeing during my holiday!

 My Inspiration picture for this card - This was my spot at the beach in Bali.


For this card, I did a freehand cutting of the tree, off to the edge. Once the tree was cut and I was satisfied with it, I inked the fall colors onto my one layered white cad base.
And then I adhered the cutout tree on the inked base. Added few maple leaves, and stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations - trendy feathers.

I like how the card has turned out with plenty of white space as well as some vibrant colors too.




Linking this card with

My card is based on Autumn colors.
Autumn's Bounty

I know this time this challenge will be flooded with cards, knowing that my card might be lost in the card flood from all the talented crafters all around, I am still giving it a go ;) CAS is my favorite after all.


-------------------------------------------------

The second card I made is with a vintage theme. 
I chose a brown card stock to work, and a white base. I had added a kraft panel, dry embossed the panel with diagonal stripes, and then smudged it with some white gelato, and then added some chevrons in black ink.
Added some fabric and gingham tape too. A burlap leaf, I also used some feathers from STAMPlorations - Trendy feathers, and then stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations too.
A vintage timepiece, and few stars to finish off the look.

Linking this card with










 I have added two different patterns, the first one is an embossed diagonal stripe pattern, and the second one is chevrons inking on the diagonal stripes.


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

19 comments:

  1. These are both great cards, Rahmat. I think your design on the second is spot on! Thanks for joining MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Rahmat ! Loving your glowing tree !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these, Rahmat. Your first card is so effective! Your inking looks like fire! Your second card has amazing texture! What a beauty. Thanks for linking up over at STAMPlorations, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the texture of your second card is just to die for! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Rahmat and your LIM one is utterly perfect.
    Striking, colourful and CAS
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I ask you Rahmat..have you ever been in Bali woooowww
    its my country Indonesia and I ever been sometimes with my hubby..
    my children love too being there
    no winter always sun shine and the people all so kind n nice smile..in germany the people are more serious..
    How are you dear..long time not see on my Blog...hope you are doing well

    the first card I love the vibrant color and the tiny leaves so cute..what a romantic card Rahmat..and the second one woohooo you rock the sketch and love all the texture there..really great manly card..the man who get this must be so happy...
    both are lovely card Rahmat..

    See you maybe soon on my Blog...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a beautiful spot on the beach Rahmat ... gorgeous inspiration. Love your hand-cut tree with sponging ... beautiful!! And love your vintage card ... so many wonderful elements and texture. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your autumn card looks lovely!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rahmat what a wonderful card and wonderful inspiration for it from your photo
    Thanks so much for joining us in our autumn challenge
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both these cards are super! I love the textured strip, the feathers and the fob watch! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us in TMR this week - your card is beautiful - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards Rahmat! Your trip to Bali sounds lovely - and your card will be a nice remembrance of it! Love the feather and clock face on your vintage creation - thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rahmat these cards are both beautiful as is the photo from where you got your inspiration for the first one - brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! Colors and texture are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both your cards are beautiful. The first one the colours reflect the photo so well - stunning. On the second one, I was just enthralled by the texture on the feathers. Thank you for joining us at MMCC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two stunning cards. I love the combination of textures on your second card - brilliant !
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool vintage themed CAS card! thank you for joining in with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cards! I love how you used the feathers!! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both lovely cards, Rahmat! I love the colors on the first card and the awesome textures on the second! Thanks for playing with us at MMCC and STAMPlorations! It's always a pleasure to see you play in both challenges! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete