Followers

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stitched and weaved basket

Good morning/day folks!
I am bit on and off with my card making nowadays, Mojo is there but I don't know why I am unable to focus and craft.
So I used my old trick of sitting down with sewing to challenge that focus of mine, and YES I managed to stay focused all along, since sewing is something you need to have a great deal of attention to detail, so I guess it was a good move!

I went bit far with my stitching this time, I added the stitches, and took it further by weaving, not very time consuming, but needs focus and patience more than anything else.

I doodled a basket shape, and then pierced the holes to add the stitches using a brown embroidery floss. It was simple stitches, just vertical lines, and the weaving didn't need any sewing, just moving the thread up and down in weaving fashion. It did need adjusting the weaved thread line though. But I am very happy with the end result, it looks very realistic mini weaved basket.

I used the flowers from pattern paper, this paper is a gift from my daughter, she bought for me from Japan in March, when she went for her school trip. I thought of using it to fussy cut the flowers here today, and to show her that I did use what she got for me. She was happy to see that.

I also stamped the leaves from ME - water blooms, and fussy cut a few. The sentiment is from Uniko Studio, it is stamped in black and heat em,bossed using a clear EP. A few jewels to finish off, I did frame the card front using a goldish brown card stock to match with the basket.

I have many pictures for this card along with the process

My doodled basket
 with the pierced holes
 stitching in progress
 The paper from my daughter, it is a whole box, at least hundreds of 
 After fussy cutting the flowers, fussy cutting was really tiring, since the flowers are tiny.
 done with my flower arrangement
 Embossing the sentiment




Linking this with:

Peek-a-boo Designs
I was inspired by Shalu's card
1. Heat embossing
2.Fussy cutting
3.Stamping

CAS on Sunday
Real stitches added here
Real Stitching

TIME OUT Challenge
another with the twist
Celebrations with optional twist of die cutting/fussy cutting

Seize the Birthday
Another entry here

CAS Mix Up Challenge
Joining in with Stamping + Heat Embossing + Sewing

Pink and Main Challenge
A simple entry here

Simon Wednesday Challenge
A CAS entry with anything  Goes

Coming in here to add it to MUSE, I totally missed seeing the Muse yesterday, thanks Suchi, you are such a sweet heart!
I am joining in with Michelle's lovely card with:
- the flower basket
- clean and crisp layout
I also used ME stamps ;)


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

36 comments:

  1. Ohh wow...just loved the way you used weaving and real stitching on your card Rahmat !!its beautiful !! And thank you for choosing the elements from my card for this month's challenge !!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us @ peek-a-boo Challenge !!
    DT**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! The stitching is perfect! You can totally link it up at Muse..this card is so beautiful! One of your best! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suchi, for encouraging your friend to join in the fun at Muse ... will you play, too? Hope so!!
      =]

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous! Oh! I love the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Rahmat! I LOVE your stitched woven basket --- so are so clever. And adorable with the flower and leaves. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I totally amazed to see your weaving basket with dimensions!!! Beautiful design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The way you have made the basket is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing rahmat, totally in love with your card. great skills

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, you are one clever and talented lady x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rahmat!!! I cannot believe this card! It is phenomenal - the weaving is incredible, your fussy cutting skills are clean, and you've added floral arrangement to your long list of talents, my friend!! Thank you, so very much, for playing cards with us this week at Muse ... xx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rahmat, you really are incredible!! I just LOVE that basket and those tiny flowers are just perfect to go with it!! What an awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! I don't think your MOJO is off at all my friend! You just needed to think outside the box a bit for something different and you nailed it! So creative and really stunning!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was intrigued by the weaving on the basek very much like real one !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a blue ribbon card for sure - gorgeous and so well done!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever basket, Rahmat! I love baskets so you know I love this one! And I love how you've filled it with flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came over from Muse...and after reading your post...all I can say is Wow...fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful stitched and woven flower basket Rahmat. Love all your fussy cut flowers. So worth the effort. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Heat Embossing. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. The weaving on your basket is amazing! What a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, Rhamat, your basket is amazing! And the whole bouquet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What Colleen said! I am so glad you showed us those photos to see all the work involved! Very impressed Rahmat! Thanks for being such a wonderful player over at Seize the Birthday! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, beautiful card and well worth cutting out all those flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for presented the idea
    very beautiful
    creativele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, talk about some amazing details!! Awesome job, love the finished card too!! Thanks for linking up your project this month!!
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Kimberly :)
    Kimberly’s Crafty Spot
    Pink & Main Stamps, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card. Your woven basket is amazing. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great techniques on this card! And a great way to give flowers! Thanks for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rahmat - this is so amazing! I love the texture and the pretty flowers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just amazing!! I agree with the rest of Blogland!! you are so talented!! gorgeous card!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is amazing - the basket is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! That's fantastic! Tour basket is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so beautiful, Rahmat. The basket, fussy cut flowers, texture ... everything.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Glad you dropped in to do the challenge with us at Pink and Main! DT Member Pam

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic project! ^__^ Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #6 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete