Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Happy Birthday to my DD

Good Morning all, it's a beautiful day today, the sky is so blue and pretty, and I have to tell you that saying that it is hot is an understatement. It's like an OVEN!!! I am staying indoors, so I am loving the view, it is mesmerizing for me!
 

Today is my daughter's birthday, she is 14 today. It also happens to be my parents 46th wedding Anniversary, so a double celebration day!!
Both kiddos are growing up pretty fast, my son will be 16 in next 5 months, and I will be 40...wow, the time is going by so fast........

I made an almost one layer card, these are the colors she is into nowadays. I made this a few days back and hid it from her ;)
I used the DI and sponged the white textured base, lot of ink blending happened here. Once happy with the blending, I sprinkled some water on it, followed by some gold and silver splatters, I also added some black splatters too.
I used Hero Arts - sketched letters for the name and the birthday sentiment is from HLS, a gold twine tucked under and exactly 14 jewels in various colors o the card to finish off. I gave her this morning, and she loved it, she said, "I love the galaxy themed card mama". That made my day!


Linking this with:

Seize your Birthday
With some dimension

Create Something Catchy
I made this before the challenge was up, maybe we were thinking the same theme Deepti ;)

HLS Mixed Media May Challenge
My card has lots of shine, and used different mediums to make it.

Tic-Tac-Toe
Middle row down

AAA Cards
Happy 2nd Birthday to AAA Cards, I am glad I am joining in with a special card here.



Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!


18 comments:

  1. This came out wonderful. I love the background it's a great card. Happy celebrations to both daughter and parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double celebration for you!! No doubt your daughter loved the card it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Rahmat - no wonder she loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh fabulous background, loving the colours! Hope you all enjoyed your double celebrations and thanks for joining in with AAA Cards birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double celebration is in the air!! Your galaxy is so gorgeous Rahmat!! :) :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Rahmat..enjoy your double celebrations :)..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card ! Wishing your dear daughter a very Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Rahmat. Lots to celebrate for sure. Thanks for playing along at HLS and AAA Cards. :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous customized card, I'm sure she will just love it! The background turned out really great! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenges and celebrating out 2nd birthday with us! Justine

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I love your background it is stunning!! I want to thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is awesome! I'm sure your daughter adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!! I LOVE the way you did that background. So cool!! Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!

    Nora Noll
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Blog
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fabulous card, love it. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gold and silver splatters on the lovely coloured background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant! What an amazing background - well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love the background. Thanks for showing your "Shine" at HLS this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. that night background is stunning Rahmat
    love the splatter all on your background and lovely sentiment with name make it more special for the one who get your card
    great manly card

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooppss it is a card for DD
    sorryyyy I just read
    and you will be 40 wohooo
    you must make a LINKY party on your blog and I will join to celebrate your 40 bday ok dear
    I am sorry I am run the time to comment already sitting for 1,5 hours commenting friends blog and run to see the card and commenting the card and did not read your explanation
    shame on me hehe
    hugs again

    ReplyDelete