Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Blue and yellow

Hello everyone,  I hope everyone is doing great, and the weather is also great . Our end, the schools have been cancelled for the day because of rainstorm. Another pitch dark morning, it is 10:30am and dark.

 That's my living room now.  you can see that, I have my video camera set to capture the thunderstorms ;)

I am posting after a while, yesterday was a scheduled post. I am bit off crafting and blogging nowadays, as I have problem looking at the screens. So other than the DT commenting, I have taken a back seat from blogging, actually I didn't make a single card in many days, this card is sitting for last few days to be shared.
I hope all the mothers had a nice and relaxing mother's day. I called up my mom to wish her a mother's day. When I was a kid there were no Mother's day celebrations, so I haven't done anything for my mom particularly on Mother's day, but surely;y I did help around the house more than the current generation kids :)
My kids used to bring breakfast to me in the bed, and buy flowers. I told them its ok to not make any breakfast, and told them to stop buying flowers for me on mother's day, as I feel the flowers are over priced, and I don't want them to spend the allowance which I give them on this :) I am a practical mom ;)
My son made me a YouTube Banner and logo to use, and my darling daughter wanted to buy something, but was confused, and said"You have everything mama, I really don't know what to get you"...lol so true, made me count my blessing and to be grateful.
I did asked something from them, it was a picture with me ;), I find hard with teenagers to get a picture, and they were very happy to do it, and the whole day they were very nice and tried their best to please me, so what more can I ask.

Sorry to divert you from the card, but here it is ;)

Inspired by some challenges, I started with lacy scrolls from AlteNew in yellow. and used brown for the leaves, added a rectangle die cut frame from MFT, the sentiments are from HLS and Uniko Studio. A few matching sequins to finish off.


Linking this with:

CWS #2
A simple entry here
CAS cards
Craft Stamper Magazine
A simple CAS card here
Anything Goes

TIME OUT Challenge
I was inspired by the frame, flowers, and open white space.

Uniko Studio
I have used gold embossing for the sentiment

CAS(E) this Sketch
Sticking with the sketch

AlteNew May Inspiration Challenge
Used the colors from the palette

Cas-ual Fridays
A simple birthday card


Leaving with some pictures from mother's day, as of last September I am the shortest person in the family, it took me a while to accept this ;) I am quite tall myself so.. But very visible in the pictures now ;)
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

20 comments:

  1. Wow, really a great job with all of the challenges you entered! I love looking through your creative lense! I am a practical mom, too-- I forbid store flowers... $$$! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see clearly from the photos how much you enjoyed it! Certainly something you can reminisce about sometime on the future! :)
    And your card is so beautiful! I love that you stamped the flowers and placed the frame without adding dimension - makes it soo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Rahmat...and awesome family pic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right~it's hard to get a picture with teens! You have a lovely family! Your card is so pretty~the yellow and blue compliment each other wonderfully~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beatiful family you have Rahmat! Thank you for sharing your happy moments with us! And the cards are awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful color combination on your card and your view of the city is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am visiting from Creative with Stamps to get a closer look at your lovely card. I enjoyed your pictures. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful!! Love the colors and the fabulous take on the design! We are getting thunderstorms over my way right now too. For now, it is sunny, but storms will be coming again tonight. Hope you are feeling better soon! Love your photo of your family! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous family photos and loving your colourful and pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Great color combo!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet family pic! And an elegant card!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card and what a beautiful family!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rahmat, your family photo is beautiful! You look very happy on Mother's Day :-) Your card is so pretty, the yellow and blue combo is fabulous.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative With Stamps~CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on all the challenges and lovely to see you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read your eyes has problem with screen oh I hope it will more and more better Rahmat..miss your visit but I can understand your problem and what a nice card with yellow and blue I never combine it and you did it best..
    yaayy now I can see your picture that you are smile Rahmat
    normally without Senyum manis mu :) I like this family picture...
    great teenager you have to pleased their mom my son still so small but a bit helping me
    Hugs and nice to read your story
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards - thanks for joining our challenge at "Creative With Stamps", Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely vibrant card and FAB layout. Sorry to hear you are not so well, I hope you are on the mend now. Beautiful family photo too, thanks for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great work! Thank you for playing with us at TO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card .... love the colour combo. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete