Followers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Embossing folder, distress inks and mist spray

Hello everyone, its Friday already, this weekend seems to have come rather quickly than the previous ones, maybe because I was so busy running around I didn't realize Friday is already here :D

I am glad I found some time to work on a card this morning, and the weather has given break for time being, it is bright when compared to the mornings gray skies....I wonder how long it is gonna last though.
 I was experimenting with a technique for last few days, and today I can say that I got the desired results. All of you might already know to use embossing folders and inks together to create backgrounds. I wanted to use just a part of the folder, so I was trying to get  a perfect finish, which I finally got it after trying 4 times.
I am going to add a step by step, to show you how I had done it.



1. I have used a cherry blossoms embossing folder, forest moss and brick fire distress inks, you will also need 2 brushes and a mist spray.


2. I rubbed my brush in the forest moss distress ink pad and brushed on the branches.

3. Took another brush and applied the brick fire distressed ink on the cherry blossoms, and sprayed the mist.


4. Pressed the card stock against it.

 5. That's it, I got the print on the card front. 

The below ones are my trails and failures, I am very happy to share these to :)
  
 I framed the front panel with a red card stock and added to my white base. Added a sentiment on the red card stock, it is from Kaisercraft, I am in need of new year cards, so my next few projects will be on new years. Few sequins and black rhinestones for the flower centers to finish off.


Linking this card with:


My background is created using distressed inks.



I am going with tree, embossing, glitter...I have used an embossing folder to get the tree branch image.



I have used mist to create the image.
 SPRAYS AND MISTS


I have used the same white base, and instead of clouds and snowlfakes, I have used a branch and flowers. It's a very different CASE, but it certainly is inspired by Amy's card.


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. An amazing technique and makes for a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely technique..Thanks for sharing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful technique you've used here, Rahmat. The result is so elegant. Thank you for sharing the directions, and thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something new for me! Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool Technique Rahmat..I dont have something like this but the effort you did made a beautiful card and it shown...great interpretation to change clouds and snowflakes to be flower and branch....Awesome card my friend..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB technique with wonderful results. Great take on Aimes' card too. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet technique! Thank you for sharing and taking part at the TO Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete