Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Mixed media and a CAS card

Hello everyone, it is my second post of the day, if you are looking for my ATSM DT post, please click here.

We are off to a clumsy start of the day both weather wise and at home front too. Its dark and drizzling, and cold outside, to match it up, my teenager son gets injured again while playing for his school Soccer team yesterday, they were versing another local school. Poor boy had his fair share of injuries this year. Just came back from the hospital, a clear X-ray, no fracture or dislocation, but cannot put his foot down and walk, so the doctor gave him crutches to help with that. He looks fine, another experience to add to our memories :D

Ok enough of my stories, now to the card. the first one up is an interesting card, I chose a white base and a white front to go on. I stitched some beads to create a border on the front panel, I had used a pale blue thread to stitch the white beads.
Then added a vellum layer cut in a circle, and I heat embossed the sentiment in white. Then I stamped a tiny home , and did some sponging in blue, and added a green burlap and some more sponging in brown. Finished off with layering the vellum on the sponged ans stamped scene.



A close up at the sponged scene, and the burlap lawn.
-

Linking this card with :

Curtain Call
 I had picked up the colors from this beautiful inspiration picture.

Lawnscaping Challenge



The Mixed Media Card Challenge
 This is a very simple looking mixed media card, but I had used many different mediums to make this card such as, beads, stitching, burlap, embossing, sponging and stamping. I hope it qualifies.
I made it on a home theme, as per the current challenge requirements.

Uniko Studio

 



 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

The second card, I made it as a one layer card. This sentiment is one of my most used sentiments for birthday cards, and most of the time, I do it with either kites, or balloons, but all the cards are very different in their own way.
I sponged the kite bit differently this time by masking with post it notes, and used a pigment ink to do this.
Then I added some clouds with a super light hand, barely visible..with blue pigment ink.

Then the star sequins to finish off.
 Hope you like this simple card.


Linking this card with 

 The moment I saw the cue, I knew that I would be using this birthday sentiment. 

Design defined: Your focal image doesn't have to be in the center always.


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. Your kite card is so sweet and absolutely beautiful! I really like the stitch work on the first card too. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my grandma's tribute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background of the birthday card. I can never get the clouds right! :) Great card to CAS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous home card and such a wonderful border of beads and thanks for joining Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo!! LOOOVE that stitched beading!! wow!! so pretty an such a unique detail!! the burlap grass ROCKS!! and is the whole scene under a circle of vellum? THAT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA!! love this!! thank you for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are all so pretty! I really like the burlap that you used and the stitching along the edge of the first card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your both cards! I can't believe you stitched every bead by hands. The time and effort that you put into your design paid off. Great and elegant card, Rahmat! Love your CAS card, too. I've never heard of the sentiment like that, I just love it!!!! Your light inked clouds are great touches to your one layer card. Well done!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooww you stitched some BEADS you are soooo diligent...I never did something like this....lovely add of your beads Rahmat lovely white on white card...
    the CASology card again you are clever yes you must not put the image in the middle of your card the clouds looks fantastic so like its not there but its there
    and the Kite looks lovely with that clouds...see you again on HM category...
    lovely CAS card Rahmat..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I can't believe you took time to stitch beads on your card! That is amazing and it turned out beautiful! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! The stitching with the beads on the first is so elegant, and kite and clouds on the second are perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching detail, something you've inspired me to try :) Thanks so much for linking up at the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! that stitching is amazing! you are very patient, I would not have been able to finish the stitched border ;-). glad you joined us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely creations! Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Card Challenge with your first one - love that stitched border!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your stitching - I have tried this and it looks amazing! The sweet scene and decorative corner complete a gorgeous and unique card! i love the kite card too. thanks for sharing at the MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a unique border you've created with the pearls. And I love the gentle vellum circle with your focal point. Thanks for joining us at MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete