Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Double Appliqué work using MFT die-namics

 Hello friends, I am up with another sewing card today.

I have used MFT die-namics Wild Greenery here to mimic the look of Applique work. I hope you know what it is!

It is also called patch work in terms of embroidery, where you stitch a small patch of design on to your main fabric.

I have used the leaf die cuts here as the small pieces sewn on the card front.

I first sewed the leaves, then I went ahead and also added stitches to the circle frame, hence the title - Double Applique work!

I actually don't have any MFT stamps on me currently, my stamps are either in India or the Phillipines, and thanks to the pandemic I can't travel at the moment. Luckily I had these die cuts on me, and wanted to give it a try making something with these.


Here are some process pictures, I actually made part of it in the night, so the lighting is not that great, but the finished project is photographed in daylight.

Here is the first step of die cut leaves, I have simply dabbed some ink pads on the white leaves to get some fall colors, and then added. those to the card front.

I pierced holes around the leaves for sewing
The back side after piercing the holes
and now the stitched leaves from back, I always capture how the backside looks too.

I cut out an edged circle around the stitched leaves and added to the card front, and also stitched around the circle to give a subtle framed look.
Then I added the printed sentiment, since I don't have any MFT stamps, I decided to print my own sentiment. The smaller sentiment is edged with gold glitter strip, and the bold one is added with foam adhesive.




I added an orange glitter strip to the top and bottom of the front, and also added a few score lines.
A few jewels to finish off the card.





Made this for the MFT Superstar 2020 Innovation Master contest


           Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind feedback. Have a great day!     

                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! Event the back looks good enough for a card! I did know about applique, but I don't think I've seen it on a card before - it looks absolutely stunning! What a beautiful way to use the leaf dies!

    ReplyDelete