Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Soft colored Lotuses, and the connection to challenges and me :)

Hello blogger peeps. I am up with a card which I made 2 days back.

Before I go to my card, I wanted to share something. Yesterday I had a comment from bloggy friend Suchi, and I was smiling through the comment, she is very sweet, and leaves comments on almost all of my entries. Well the comment was that, she likes the way I link to the challenges, and she said it is a challenge within itself!!! lol.....I thought I would share my process of adding the challenges.
Firstly, it is always the card which is made first, I might be inspired by just one challenge when I start, or sometimes no challenges. Once I am ready to post, I sit through and look at the various challenges. I usually link one card to a max of 5 challenges, but there are exceptions sometimes, I have a card which fits many challenges, even up to 8-9. I think 9 is my max, I have ever linked a card, of course provided that no challenge has any problems with linking to so many. Sometimes I just link to one, and even none, and simply share the card.
I believe, all the challenges out there need participants to run their challenge, if people don't link, then it is not worth to run a challenge. It takes lots of efforts to run a challenge, and let's remember nobody gets paid for that job!
I do admit, sometimes the inspiration from challenges is helpful in coming up with a certain card. I simply choose to link, so that I can show my support to the challenges!!!

While I am on it, I would like to address another thing, I read on Darnell's blog about NBUS, somebody mentioning to her that the people participate there just to win prizes. My thoughts, I already commented on Darnell's post as well - I participate in the challenges for sheer fun, of course I would be more than happy to win, and maybe a prize if there is one, and I have been lucky to win quite a few prizes. But I don't even look at the prizes when I link a card, sometimes I like that challenge a lot, or the theme, or the person running the challenges. Most of us, card making people have quite a few supplies, even me for whom it is very difficult to get my hands on the supplies. As some of you know my difficulties, I cannot do online shopping, I travel to Hong Kong to get my supplies.
I know that the crafting community is quite extraordinarily supporting, but there are times when people try to spoil the fun by saying unnecessary things. I would love it if people try to be understanding, and encouraging.

I love to share my cards, and I am very happy to have come across so many kind people, who have always left me encouraging and kind comments, no matter how good or bad my cards have been. A big thank you to all, who take time to stop by. I am bit tied up with the summer holidays, I will get back to commenting hopefully by next week. Let's keep encouraging one another.

Ok, those who are still with me ;) here is the card without any further delay.
I used Waffle Flower Lotus stamp here. Heat embossed in white, and then used the zigs to add color. I had fuzzy cut only the top here. I sponged the bottom of the base card using a blue shade ink and then added a paper tape, my daughter bought this for me last week , while shopping for her stationery.
I also used stencils on the base from ARTplorations bubble in green and blue.
The sentiment is from ME  - Lunar extras. I am still adding the Chinese sentiments, as I told you few days back that I will be delivering these to my store , made particularly for the local peeps here.
A few blue jewels to finish off.


Linking this card with:

Just Add Ink
I have followed the sketch


Waffle Flower August Challenge
Was inspired by the colors
wfc-201608-photo

Stamping Sensations
Another entry here
Anything Goes

STAMPlorations Anything Goes

Bubble stencil used here

Simon Wednesday Challenge
I have 2 borders at the base
Make a border

Thank you for stopping by, and leaving your kind comments. Have a great day!


19 comments:

  1. What a pretty mix, Rahmat, and I love the summery colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that little tit-bit with us, Rahmat! I totally agree, we play for fun, but it is great to receive prizes too! ;) And it feels great to get inspired too - its a wonderful community!!
    Coming to your card- you are really using that stencil very well! Love the different looks you are achieving with it!! Very lovely card! I hope you are getting great receptions in the store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Rahmat. I love that you fussy-cut only the tops of the flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rahmat this lovely! The stencil background is such a lovely effect. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! See I love reading your posts - now I know how you combine challenges! ;) I agree that crafting community rocks! Your card is so fresh and full of subtle tints of lime! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and design in lovely zesty colours Rahmat , many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cards with a wonderful use of shapes. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flower, and I love the color combo more. It's just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your blog post today and loved your comments at the beginning x Such a pretty and delicate card today. Love all the elements and the colours you have chosen. Looking forward to hearing how they do in the store in due course x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours of your card drew my attention first, Rahmat. Such a blend of citrus! And then the sweet fussy cutting to the tops of your flowers only - I haven't seen this before and I really like it. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Rahmat and matches both the Just Add Ink and Waffle Flower Challenges perfectly!! Gorgeous water colouring and love the background pattern too. Always so wonderful to see you at Just Add Ink and Waffle Flower Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colours & colouring, Rahmat. I love that you're designing your own sentiments too. Glad you could join us at Just Add Ink.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with lovely colours, and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Great watercolouring. Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the mix of stamps and stenciling:))) Thanks for linking to the Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Chinese New Year card! Great watercoloring! Thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Crafts! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete