Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Traced and inked flower

 Sharing some good news first, today my blog is 3 months old, yipee...the first post I put up on was 14 Feb,  yesterday morning(I live in Macau, so timings are very different) I won a blog hop at STAMPlorations, and also yesterday night my card was chosen as HM at CASology... *doing a happy dance*

This card is an experiment, and I like how it came out, and thought of sharing it.
This rose is inspired from my PJ's, no kidding! I know it sounds crazy, but I went on with my intuition and made it anyway.
Firstly, I used a baking sheet to trace the rose from my PJ, and then I flipped the traced sheet and put it on a white card stock and retraced it. When you do this, the pencil lead will get transferred from the sheet to the card stock.
After that I had inked the rose with 3 different shades of pink. For the leaves I chose yellow and 2 different shades of green.
To finish off, I stamped the sentiment and inked the bottom with my hand made stencil for another card. Tadaaa.... its done. It was fun doing it because I had no clue if it would work, I was ready to trash it if it didn't work. 




Behind the scenes:

The inspired picture on my PJ!

Traced it on to the baking sheet.

Ready to transfer it to the card.

After transferring on card, its bit faded but its perfect to outline with your own choice of colors.
Linking this card with :



Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your feedback, if you are not in a hurry :) Have a great day!



10 comments:

  1. Great technique, Rahmat! I use wax paper to do transfers...not sure if that's the same as a baking sheet but it works! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    Hugs,
    Shery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just lovely! Thanks for sharing the steps you took to make this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely that you find inspiration everywhere! Lovely card, thanks for sharing the technique.
    And congrats on Casology feature! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea Rahmut and congrats on all your latest wins! This is stunning flower and so perfect for out challenge at STAMPlorations. Thanks for joining us x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty image Rahmat, such a painstaking project!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 3 month anniversary Rahmat and on sharing such a beautiful creation. You've certainly worked hard on this one but it's paid off and a perfect one later example.
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job~ Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be so late commenting, super card and fun PJs Rahmat!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete