Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Big and Bold Dahlia

Hello friends, it seems like I might come out of my creative slump 😅 since I am posting 2nd day in a streak.
I have used another of my colored images to convert to a card.
This is also a digital stamp from Power Poppy, and I have used Prismacolor pencils to color it, this flower had taken me a very long to color, have a look at the process picture below, I had added layer and layers of color here, one of the lengthiest colorings i have done.

I had fussy cut it all, but the bottom most petal tip is still connected to the sentiment base. 
I created a background using some dark shades of inks, you can see the inks I have used in the picture below. I also used a bubble stencil to create a faded bokeh effect.
I did add a gold glitter strip tot he sentiment before adding it with the foam adhesive, a few jewels around the sentiment to finish it off.









Linking this with:

Inspired by the word - blossom

There wouldn't be a flower I wouldn't wish to grow in my garden, if I have one. I love flowers by all means.



 Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind feedback. Have a great day!
                                                            

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say- its just spectacular! I can see from the pics that the process would have taken so long! But it must have been fun, and I can see that the effort has paid off with the card! Loving the highlighting that you've done on the card base too.
    And also, thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring looks stunning and I love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that flowers looks so bold and beautiful! Your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring, your flower really pops off the card, I love it!

    Thanks so much for joining me over at the Creative Confetti Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... just breathtaking coloring! This is just an eye catcher all the way around !

    ReplyDelete