Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Couple of cards

Hello blogger friends, I am sharing a couple of cards today, I made all these yesterday. I had the full day to myself, and nothing much to do. My helper comes in the morning, so the household work is taken care of, and my Hubby comes to lunch everyday, but yesterday he was busy, so I decided to sit and craft.

I could have taken an initiative and done some studies, I joined full time college to study further. Yes I did!!
At 38 when most people have established careers, I have an established household. A 14 year old, and a 12 year old, who are very independent. Hubby dear is very encouraging, so after finishing my masters in 2000, and exactly after a gap of 14 years, I decided to go back to college. Kids are pretty excited, and I am sure they will be interested in my grades, as much as I am interested in theirs ;)

Ok enough of that, I don't want to make you run away from my blog with my stories :D

I am sharing 3 CAS cards. the first one up, I just doodled a landscape, and then sponged with 2 shades of green pigment ink, and then I did a free hand drawing of the sign-board, and wrote everything in my not so fancy hand-writing. I stamped the house to the edge, stamping only half the house, and decided to add the sentiment at the very bottom, it is from Avery Elle - handwritten notes.
Few sequins to finish off. Pretty simple card!

Linking this card with:

One Layer Simplicity

The theme is home this month. I made a one layer home themed card.

The Pink Elephant

This week's call is for CAS cards, and I wanted to link this one up, though all the cards are CAS in this post.


 -----------------------------------------------------------------


The second one is also a super simple one, I just used a kraft card base, and printed the sentiment off,
added a small handmade wreath, with a bell. Just kept it as simple as possible. Nothing really to brag about it!
Linking this card with:
CAS on Sunday

 Use Ribbon and/or Twine 

I had used a twine around the wreath and a tiny bow too.


TIME OUT
I drew inspiration from the kraft color, and the wreath o the ladder, and kept the same theme.


Festive Friday
I made a wreath and used the kraft colors from the picture.

Alphabet Challenge
 I just made a wreath, using traditional Christmas colors.

* T for Traditional Christmas * 

 

Virginia's View Challenge
 I think my 3rd entry here, might add another one if my heat tool arrives from Hong Kong soon ;) 
 I have added a metal golden beaded string on the wreath, plus a metal bell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the third card, this card took me quite a bit of time, mostly the inking part. I chose shades of black, Indigo,  navy blue, pale blue, and a  golden shimmer ink to create the night look of the sky. I added the dots and random shaped stars using a silver gel pen. Masked and added part of the trees. The sentiment is computer generated.
Linking this card with:

Less is more
I made a one layer card with a starry night.
One Layer Challenge
This week the focus of your creation is 
Starry, Starry Night!

26 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo for following your dreams and forging your own path. I'm sure that your family is so proud of you. I really, really, REALLY like that wreath card. You need to tell me how you made that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, you will need a pattern paper, a metal beaded string, a tiny bell..all these are found in stationary stores, die cut the circle, and wrap the string around, add the bell to a tiny ring also found at the stationary, and finally a bow...very simple...may be I will add it sometime in a post, I mostly do my own embellishments :)

      Delete
    2. Love the CAS look of these cards. Hazel x

      Delete
  2. P.S. Thanks for the follow! Now we can encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cards are brilliantly done, Rahmat. Simplicity at it's best.
    And congrats to you for your new venture into the field of academics. I agree with you, there's no right age to learn something, and I'm sure this step of yours will inspire others too. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards Rahmat.. like the starry night in 3rd card .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your stars card, the sentiment is fab too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these are stunning and I love the TIME OUT wreth card, CAS at its best. Congrats on going back to study....what are you studying? And great to see you again at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did have a busy day yesterday. All your cards are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You were busy! Loving that sentiment on the LIM card! All great cards! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 fabulous cards here Rahmat and can't pick between them.
    Obviously so impressed with your LIM one and such a fabulous sentiment
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your studies, Rahmat - sounds exciting! Your cards are so gorgeous - love your CAS style! The little wreath on kraft is just beautiful and I love the sentiment on your one layer starry card too. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all your cards!
    You should share one on the LiaStampz challenge too! the theme is Black white and 1other color. You should check it out: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/10/challenge-76-black-white-1-other-color.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background on LIM project....the sentiment is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Rahmat - I love your little 'simple, nothing to brag about' wreath - it's gorgeous and definitely worth some bragging! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous sentiment on your starry scene Rahmat!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! You're on a roll - these are awesome. I love the first card with the hand drawn sign post - very impressed. Good luck with the studies too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! All of your cards are just beautiful! I love the wreath and that sky in the last one is stunning! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all so sweet!!! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All beautiful cards Rahmat, looks like you enjoyed your crafting day! Lovely moody sky for your LIM submission!
    Thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay you for going back to school!! I have no qualifications at all, just lots of admin/personal assistant experience but would love to be qualified to do something. I just love your card for TIME OUT. That wreath is exceptional and you didn't need anything else for the card, the wreath is the star. Hope you get a chance to do more study but I understand about doing crafting instead, way more fun!! And thank you so much for joining in again with TIME OUT, we love having you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous! Love your wreath on kraft card stock. The added bell is lovely, Rahmat! And way to go on getting back to school! Good luck with everything! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wooowww 23 comment and I am number 24 Rahmat...wish you like to walk around my blog too and leave me some more love....only if you have more than 5 minutes time..
    now about your card..the first one is clever..I did not join yet cause I have much more home stamp and dont know which one is fit hmmm its a problem if people have much stamp on one theme right?
    The last card looks imaginative I mean the sky looks so amazing...lovely CAS card Rahmat..and you are so busy 3 cards a day..my hubby never going home to lunch and I work half day plus 45 minutes train to go home
    also my time to crafting only at night if the little boys in bed...
    hugs, Monika
    and the second one agree with Virginia adding the bell is great idea...your wreath looks so lovely and the third card

    ReplyDelete
  22. You had a busy day...and created all kinds of gorgeous cards. Truly love them all! You have a great CAS style. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out and Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous collection of cards! The OLS challenge card is particularly fine...the shine of the sequins makes such a great statement with the scene! The little bell on the wreath is brilliant, and the silver on blue perfectly fits the sentiment of the third card! Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS!

    ReplyDelete