Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bright colored florals

Happy Sunday everyone, I am back from my mini holiday to Japan. It was really cold, but fun. I went there to see cherry blossoms, and I was able to see the gorgeous bright pink ones, famous in Okinawa, so very happy.
Here are some pictures of the cherry blossoms, these are very different form the Main Island of Japan, a specialty of Okinawa only.








Now to my card.
This card is sitting for a while now to be shared. It is very unusual from my CAS style. If you are a regular follower, then you know me already, that every once in a while I step out of my comfort zone to create something.
I started with a black textured card, and did nail polish marblig using shades of green and a gold shimmer nail polish.
I then stamped and water colored the flowers and leaves from winnie&walter, I did no line water coloring here.
I fussy cut the flowers and leaves to add to the card. The sentiment is a cutaway die, and the small sentiment is also from w&w. I added the black front to a pale green base. I hope this card is ok, even though it is different from my style.

Linking this with:
Take it Make it February
Another entry here
Anything Goes with stamps.

HLS February water color challenge
Used water coloring and also die cuts here


Gossip Column #6 - Marbling
Another entry here

winnie&walter 3rd Birthday - mood board  challenge with Heather P
I was inspired by the bright flowers from the mood board.


winne&walter 3rd Birthday - Bright colors challenge with Lydia
I was inspired by the bright colors and used w&w supplies here

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!
                                                                    

7 comments:

  1. Firstly, thank you for the pretty sakura, Rahmat! You're so lucky you could see them first hand! :) They really are so beautiful!!
    Second, your card is beautiful! I especially loved that black marbled background! Looks pretty! Love the layout as well - cascading flowers look good, don't they! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love the marbling :) the cherry blossom flowers from your okinawa trip look superb!! What a great scenic view and i love the photography. Thanks for sharing
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Rahmat - this card is a stunner. Your flowers are beautiful and the background is amazing. The blossom photos from your holiday are so pretty and remind me that spring will come! I wish it would come tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful chyerry blossom! Your cards surely inspire in a lot of way and love the way you implement so much new things into CAS which is really brilliant! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ! I love marbling but have never done it with nail polish the effect against the black is beautiful. The addition of the beautiful blooms makes for a perfect card. In or out of your comfort zone your cards are always amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge this month and I hope you will join us again soon. Sending hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the marbling on the black! The bright flowers add such a great pop of contrast! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete