Followers

Monday, November 23, 2015

A simple CASE

Hello everyone, a new week. I am posting after few days, was busy hunting for a black dress over the weekend. My daughter is going to perform with her school band during Christmas, and she needs a black formal dress, very hard to find...looked all over the city, and couldn't find one for a 13+ slim girl. So mummy dear designed the dress(I love making dresses), and is getting it custom made, fingers crossed big time for the dress to come out good. The local tailor can't speak English, so needed some broken Cantonese, my daughter's Mandarin, and my tailoring language to let the tailor know how want it to be done *phew*

I made this card on Saturday evening, and finally found time to post it.
It is a simple one layer card. I started by masking the card. I used distressed inks - forest moss, and crushed olive to ink the bamboo stencil. I bought this in India. I sprayed some mist over the stencil. Stamped the sentiment from Hero Art- things we love.


Linking this with:

TIME OUT challenge
I was inspired by the stenciled panel, the sentiment going over the image, and green color here.


Muse Challenge #142
I was inspired by the leaves, and the panel, and the sentiment hanging over the image.


AAA card Challenge
Anything Goes

Brown Sugar Challenge
Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. wow you are so talented Rahmat, not only a fabulous card maker and cook but ow we find out and a dress designer as well! This card is amazing, a lovely CAS case of Karen's Card. A wonderful orinental take and a lovely sentemnt to match. Thaks for joining TO x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab CAS card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards. And I hope your daughter's dress turns out well, she's so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful one layer card, Rahmat! I love your stenciling, and your sentiment is so lovely!
    I hope all goes well with your daughters' black dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really stunning CAS design!! Love how you've put this together my friend!! Sounds like you are quite busy!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous and wonderful CASE of Karen's card, Rahmat!! I hope the dress comes out as you envisioned it and I hope we get to see a picture of it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely mum to spend time designing your daughter's dress - I agree with Jane above, she's so lucky. And what a cool card - very minimalist and chic. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards - Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome CAs card! God luck with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card with a lovely sentiment - and a perfect case of the Time Out card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out and AAA Cards! And I'm sure the dress will turn out beautifully! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I hope the dress is perfect! I love this bamboo stencil, so effective.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes so SIMPLE and so beautiful
    love that bamboos on your card
    remember Jakarta time
    I miss my country my friend
    and will fly to my mom home in Jakarta at middle of December
    dulu Rahmat tinggal di Jakarta mana?
    my mom in Jakarta timur :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and great stencil! Hope the dress comes out the way you envisioned too! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete