Followers

Friday, September 23, 2016

An Acetate wedding card

Hello blogger peeps, It's Friday already weekend has almost arrived here. I have been experimenting with acetate nowadays. Even though, I have used it before, but it was for shakes, and layers etc. Now I am trying some stamping on it. I first did it 4 days back, I used white pigment ink to stamp on acetate, but failed miserable, as the ink didn't get dried at all.
Yesterday I posted an acetate card on Instragram, @rahmat.ccc. Have a peek, since that card has not made it to the blog yet. Anyways That was my first card with stamping. After finding success with stamping on acetate, I decided to use solid stamps this time, and made this card yesterday night.
I started with using Curtain Call's flowers as my color inspiration here. I stamped the Altenew Vintage roses on a water color paper, and fussy cut to add later on the card.
Then I used the Archival dye ink to stamp the solid leafs and rose buds on the acetate. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped on a textured card stock.
I added the same card stock on the inside too, but not full length, but just a panel, to write.
I added the fussy cut flowers using foam adhesives, and a few gold jewels to finish off.

First picture with my usual light colored background

Th second one with a darker background to show the card well
This one is more clear to see the stamping on the acetate

Side view
Linking this with:

Addicted to stamps and more
Made my mark on the acetate using inks


Aud sentiments challenge
A wedding card with fall colors and sentiment
#164 Fall Colors + A Sentiment

Atlantic hearts Sketch
 Very much with the sketch


MHKDesigns September/October Challenge
I have some of the fall colors from here



4 Crafty Chicks
A card with fall colors.
4 CC #317 {Colors of FALL}

Curtain Call
I was inspired by this lovely picture for my card.


Ultimate Challenge Altenew Bloghop
 Used the Vintage roses set for my card
Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop_720x396




               Thank you for stopping by, and leaving your kind comments. Have a great day!





21 comments:

  1. So very pretty with the subtle stamping on the acetate too. I love seeing Keren Baker work with acetate - have you seen her creations? Check 'em out if you're on an acetate roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ,loved the soft look of stamped leaves,must try ! I love clear cards and have made few using it as card base ,I stamped with pigment ink once(for embossing) and even after days it did'nt dry ;( !! Archival n staz on work best !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. I'm always nervous stamping on acetate! Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and more.

    Emma - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and sure one the bride and groom will love forever. I love the look. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative with Stamps
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow!! This is a stunner!! I absolutely love it!! I mean, everything looks so pretty, even that piece of panel inside is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful!! Stunning on the acetate! Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card! I am in LOVE with the colors you used--and that stamped vellum looks GORGEOUS! Fabulous creation, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Working with acetate is so difficult for me, but I keep trying because I see inspiration perfection like this. Thank you so much for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful wedding card...I have never done an acetate card and you have inspired me to try one. Thanks for sharing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. I have tried making acetate cards but used the wrong ink. You have inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW!!!! Every aspect of this card is exceptional! WTG!!! I love it. The lovely roses make this so special! ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous! Love the vintage roses stamp. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant!I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Love it with the acetate! Thanks so much playing along with Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I love it. The soft muted colours are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Love the vintage looking rose images, I never would have dreamed of stamping the n acetate but I love what you've done with those! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... this is one stunning, beautiful and elegant acetate card. Love those flowers a lot!
    THANK YOU so much for playing along with Addicted To Stamps and More!

    Helen
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning, like your use of acetate, it makes the card. glad you joined us at MHKDesigns and House of Cards! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job using the acetate! This is very pretty! Thanks for joining the challenge this month at MHKDesigns. DT member, Julie Odil

    ReplyDelete