Followers

Sunday, March 8, 2015

A card using a paper bag!

Happy Sunday everyone, I am up with a quick share, a busy day for me. One of my friends is leaving, so had invited her family over for dinner, so will be busy with that soon.
I made this card yesterday, I have used a paper bag as my front layer for this card. YES, you heard me right, about 2 years back, I saw these paper bags in Daiso, and bought thinking that it might be useful in some crafting, the design and colors were gorgeous, but today is the first time, I have used it since I bought.
I simply cut the desired front and glued it to my cards base, using a glue stick, it sticks well. After that, I sponged a sunburst using Memory box stencil - Shine. I had used red, 2 shades of orange and a yellow ink to sponge the sunburst.
I also sponged some green ink at the bottom and on the sides and top in a scattered manner. Finally I stamped the word "Lucky" using Hero Arts, sketched letters, and stamped a "you". The paper bag has few interesting words on it, so I stamped just a few to go with those beautiful words.
That's it. I love how the card has turned out, and really hope you all like it too!

The paper bag, which I had used as my card front.








Linking this card with:

Curtain Call
This picture was the one, which made me go and look for the paper bags, so glad I was able to play here.

Happy Little Stampers
Luckily the design on the paper bag matches with this month's sketch.

 Little Tangles
Since it is anything goes, going with this.



Nowadays, I am into making soft rolls, and finally I had big success. These soft rolls are the best bread I had ever baked, the texture is sponge like, when you press on , they just spring back, and so soft, just melt in your mouth. I was so confident that I took it to another level by stuffing them with some spiced chicken, a total hit! The down side is that, I don't think my family will eat store bought bread anymore, so I will be busy.


 Stuffed with curried chicken, my son said, "It tastes like indian food". Well, what can I say, I indianise all my dishes ;)



Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the sun rays with the shamrocks. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea on your card and beautiful too. Now I want to eat some of your rolls lucky family to get homemade breads:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm not only stunned by your creativity but I'm also starving after seeing those yummy rolls. I can't believe you held on to the bag for 2 years but can totally see why. Its so sweet with the curvy writing and the green flowers. I would never have know it used to be a bag. Your brain is incredible!! And as for your rolls, they look divine and I bet you'll be busy making them from now on. Wish I lived down the road from you so I could pop in a try one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever to buy these bags ... they make adorable cards, Rahmat! I love the way you've added to them with your sponged sunshine and sentiments. So cute and fun. Great design.

    Your buns look so yummy!! ... and stuffed with curry chicken - wow! Wish I lived closer so I could pop in for a taste. :)

    Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Love how you used the front of the bag. The shamrock prints are perfect. The sun rays are so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. Yum! Those chicken stuffed buns look so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever, Rahmat, AND you've got my stomach rumbling for those awesome-looking buns! Your card is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on being a Showstopper at the Curtain Call!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, what a find those paper bags were! Great looking rolls by the way ;) Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete