Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A basket full of flowers

Hello everyone, a very gloomy day here in my part of the world, its has been almost three weeks since, we last saw some sun. I am in desperate need of some much needed sunshine and bright day. I was telling my hubby that the government should put up an artificial sun to at least fake the feeling of sun..LOL, I need SUN.

Anyway, regardless of the weather, I am doing my best to cheer myself up, so made a flowery cheerful card. I used a white base, and I had weaved a paper basket using some kraft card stock. It's been a while since I did weaving for my cards. I did the handle to with the same card stock. and the flowers and leaves are stamped and fussy cut, and added using a foam adhesive. These  are from Mama Elephant - water blooms, and so is the sentiment too. Its a pretty simple card, nothing much going on it. I love it though, my daughter loved it, and said, "Mama, you could use eggs instead of flowers in the basket, to make an easter card". Well, will see ;) Hope you like this simple card.
Oops, forgot to mention that, I also added some paper swirls, I don't know why but I felt a compulsion to add those, and rhine stones to the flower centers.


Linking this card with:

Less is More
Oh yes, weaving makes me absolutely happy, so joining in here.

 This makes me happy!

The Mixed Media Card Challenge
Its a simple card, I have used weaving and stamping to create this card, I hope it qualifies here.

CASology

I am going with the cue word as it is....haha call me original, that's how I am interpreting this week's cue.




Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!


 

11 comments:

  1. I adore your Basket Rahmat
    so clever made
    so nice color and looks like a real Basket
    the flowe makes me feel summer
    and the arrangement so lovely
    I am sorry life is so crazy here and I never forget you I want to visit you more often but I did not have enough time
    cause my Hubby was in India and Thailand to do busines Trip and I am alone with my two little boy
    I hope you like to see my card with basket of Clothes/Laundry :)
    Sweet beautiful card Rahmat..
    hugs from Germany
    Monika
    PS: can you give me your address too Rahmat..thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rahmat, this is very pretty. You are an amazing basket weaver! I wouldn't know where to start! Love all the texture and love that has gone into this card! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful basket with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and super clever take on the basket challenge
    Love all the detail Rahmat and thanks so much for sharing and taking part in our Happy challenge too.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Rahmat!
    Super basket!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastic!! Spent ages yesterday trying to make a basket from dies and cardstock but was a disaster, and there is no way I could make a card to match yours!! Its a winner for sure and your weaving is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for my late visit Rahmat, what a fab card for our happy challenge!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute basket full of flowers!! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well your card certainly makes me happy! Thanks so much for sharing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful dimension to your flowers and texture thanks to your amazing basket! Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous basket of flowers, Rahmat - love the weaving! Thanks for playing along at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete