Hello, sharing a recipe after a very long time. I feel very bad for not adding recipes, I should change my blog name ....lol.
Its a veggie dish, a finger food. Palak pakora or spinach pakoras.
Super easy and super yummy too! An all time favorite in my family.
Lets look at the ingredients:
You will need :
fresh chopped spinach - 1 1/2 cups
besan / chickpea flour - approx 3/4 cup
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
water - 2 Tbsp or as needed
Oil for deep frying
1. Cut spinach in small pieces, wash and drain and keep aside in a colander for a while, till the water runs out.
2. Transfer spinach into a medium sized bowl, add the above mentioned spices ans salt on the spinach. Mix with your hand.
3. Now add the chickpea flour/ besan to the spinach, knead it by using a very little water, you might want to start with one Tbsp.
4. This is how your mixer should look, kind of dry. Do not add more water, or else your fritters/pakoras won't be crispy. More water soaks up more oil too.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, take a handful of mixture, and drop small portions of it in the hot oil.
6. Turn sides at least once, it should be done in between 5-8 minutes. Once the leaves look crispy, its done. take it out on a kitchen towel to drain any excess oil.
A close up, by looking at it, you can tell that it is crispy. I hope you try and enjoy this simple and delightful dish.
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind feedback :) Have a great day!