Followers

Friday, September 12, 2014

One weaved and one sponged card

Sharing 2 cards which i made yesterday evening, the first one up is a sponged card. 
I choose navy blue, black, magenta, and yellow inks to create the full moon sky, I was out just 2 days back in the night, and witnessed the full moon night, the sky wasn't really dark. It had a blue, and pink hue, so I am trying to bring the look on this card. 
I sponged yellow and magenta around the moon to give the radiance, decided to keep the moon really white, so no sponging done on it.
The sentiment has a great meaning to me personally. I am living an expat life for a decade and half now, and I meet/met so many wonderful people. We meet and then either of us have to part ways to pursue a new job or livelihood. So this card, I am dedicating in honor of all the wonderful friends I have met along, and I am in touch with them on some platform.

The trees are from my custom made stamps, this is the first time I am using these, and I am glad I did!




No relevance, but adding the picture of the full moon night, and the fireworks we witnessed for the lunar festival here in Macau.

 Adding this card to 

My second entry here :) , I have used the trees stamps for the first time.


 This is my first time playing here, and I am glad to find this CAS challenge blog!

When I made this card, my daughter did suggested, it has a Japanese feel to it. I was impressed with her, and Anita too suggested to add it here, and we just celebrated the lunar festival called mid-autumn festival in china, and I was depicting the full moon sky, so I am now convinced to add this card here :)



---------------------------------------------

The second card up is a weaved card, I weaved the brown card stock in a basket weave, I am trying to get the look of a flower basket with a message sticking out.
The stamps are  from Avery Elle, I used foam adhesive and added on the toothpicks!
Added 2 blooms,and leaves, and I also trimmed some paper swirls using a green and kraft card stock. Of lately I am hooked on using the hand-cut paper swirls!

It is a very simple card, other than weaving there isn't much on this card, but I am happy how well it turned out.




A close up at the weaving.
Adding this card with

I have used the Avery Elle handwritten stamps.


I was inspired by the tiled up sentiment, so tried to give that look, and the white and brown colors in the picture!

I know it is a bit long post, and thank you for bearing with it :)
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!
                                                                

14 comments:

  1. So stunning and so unique :) I am in love with ur weaved card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both of these amazing cards. The first one is just absolutely perfect for the AAA sketch challenge. I really like that sentiment! The second one of course, My favorite thing on this card is that fabulous weaving that you did...Very nicel feature for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Two absolutely delightful cards, Rahmat. I loved how meaningful your first card is. And the second card is gorgeous. That weaved wall is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sponged background on your first card and the sentiment is just wonderful. And you card for TIME OUT is so very creative-using this weave and the toothpicks-so inspired! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a genius artist, Rahmat! That moon and sky are breathtaking! Your sponging makes it look like the moon is popped up from your card. And high five to you for your beautiful custom made tree images!! Seriously, I can't stop staring at this card!!

    And I love your sweet basket card, too. Not only is the basket weave cool, but your blossoms and the wispy bits are so artfully arranged!! The sediments on sticks is icing on the cake!! Thank you for playing again in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rahmat this is amazing!! Firstly your sponged moon looks gorgeous and you really captured the moonlight perfectly. You definitely have artistic skills!! And your second card...well, I know you said its pretty simple and not much too it but I have to disagree. Its simply incredible!! There is so much going on with this card that's complicated (to me anyway....) and you have so many different depths and textures going on i.e. weaving, flower arrangement. To me its perfect and I'm so very thankful you entered the Time Out Challenge, we are so glad to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Rahmat, what a stunning sponged moonscape and super sentiment ... you could link it to ATCAS where the cue word is Oriental! Your woven basket of sweet blooms is amazing ... so much fabulous texture and the little flag sentiments are wonderful! Such a lovely take on the inspiration photo ... thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both cards. I especially am fond of the moon card. Such detail on a one-layer. Beautiful job! So very glad you joined in with AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card! wonderful soft coloring around the moon. Thank you for playing with AAA Cards. Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. both card are beautiful! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Rahmat! Love the gorgeous moon and sentiment on your first card - your tree stamps look great too. The basket weave on your second card adds great texture. You are so creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! You did a great job. Thank you for joining us at the Time Out Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe of the woven cardstock! That is amazing! Custom made? Gorgeous!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete