Followers

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Stenciled and pencil colored Poppy

Hello friends, today I am sharing a card using Altenew Poppy Stencil on black.

I first ink up the poppy with white pigment followed by the colored inks, you can see in the picture.

Then the coloring of it began, the leaves have 4 layers of various colors to achieve the look and the poppy have about 6 layers colors, I have kept the color pale and it is not very easy to achieve this color on black, my last card on where I have used bright tones were easier than this.




Once the coloring was done, I added dashes or stitches using a sakura gelly roll, The center is done using brown , green and I used a black pen to draw the details. I dont know if you can see, but there is a black jewel in the center. 
The sentiment is also from Altenew, I used Vintage photo distress oxide to swipe on a white card strip to create that aged look, then stamped the sentiment, and added it with a foam adhesive.
The base sides are edged with the 2 distress oxides I used for the leaves.








Linking this with:
Joining with another summer flower

I am joining inspired by the word this time

      
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind feedback. Have a great day!     
                                                       

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rahmat and love how you built this up-really creative and what a lovely textured base on the card. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Rahmat. I love all of the details especially the white gel broken outline. This is also a perfect card for CAS Mix Up for July (ends today). Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rahmat, this is one beautiful card, the flower looks gorgeous against the black, textured background.
    I just have a few stencils but your idea of coloring the image with pencils after you sponged it is brilliant, I must try that!!
    Thank you for playing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you colored on the black cardstock. Amazing!


    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete