Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Tropical holiday and a layer card

Hey all, I am up with 2 cards today.
Both are made a few days back, currently I have a backlog of card postings, as I am not spending much time on blogging.

Anyways, the first card is made using the ghosting technique, I used peacock feathers DI to ink up the bottom and then used Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil sideways, to create the ghosting effect. I then used a copic to color for the sand, all the images on this card from Paer Smooches - Summer Loving set.
A pretty simple card based on a tropical holiday theme


Linking this with:

Addicted to CAS
A simple tropical entry here


HLS CAS June Challenge
 Another entry here


City Crafter Challenge
A beach themed card here


bastel-traum Challenge
A tropical holiday card here

---------------------------------------------------

The second card was an experiment, and is so not like me, I am having a hard time accepting this card, and neither am I able to decide if I like it or hate it. I think I am in the middle undecided on this one. es and I have decided to share it though ;) My girlfriends from school all loved it, that's why I am sharing it ;)


I used Paper Smooches - botaniclas here. I started with a grey ink and dabbing the stamps lightly stamped on a panel, then I used my markers to color the images.
you can see how it looked before and after.

After having the colored images, I wasn't sure if I wanted to turn it into a card. I thought of layers and continued and this is what I have ended up with. I used a pattern paper for the background, and the front panel is angled(which bothers me a bit  ;) ) I used a light green textured base for this.
I then added a crochet lace and stamped the sentiment on the pp. A few jewels to finish off. I would like to know what you all think of this card. This is so not me though!!!



This is a solo challenge entry for Paper Smooches Layers challenge for June.

  


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. The second card is definitely different from your style but it is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene is totally tropical beach and I love the way you have the (proportionally) giant flip-flops to go with the cute saying. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Rahmat! Its great that you are trying new styles - and the second card is really good. And first card - I particularly loved the ghosting - it really looks like water, where you used a woodgrain stencil! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww wowww...love the summer card and the flowers look fab! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..love both the cards..infact i like the second one more..its different from your style..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed our theme; scuch a fab card! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fab cards, love the second one. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun beach theme and loving the ghosting effect you created with the sea x Pretty flower cad too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards here Rahamat and such fun ideas. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and fabulous card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete